In addition to Bai Dinh pagoda festival held in early spring, the ancient capital of Ninh Binh also has a very special tradition, which is the Trang An festival , held on a grand scale in Trang An eco-tourism site. .
The origin of Trang An festival
Trang An Festival – A unique tradition of the ancient capital of Ninh Binh (Image: Collection)
Festival (festival of the Holy Ghost of Quy Minh) is a special traditional festival of Ninh Binh
Province, held on March 18 of the Lunar Calendar every year (Calendar: April 14, 2017) in commemoration of merit. of Lord Quy Minh Dai Vuong, also known as Lord Quy Minh.
Legend has it that he was a general under the 18th Hung King, credited to the town of Sơn Sơn Nam, defending the country and helping the good people to build a prosperous and happy life. In recognition of this merit, Emperor Dinh Tien ordained him to be the deity of the southern gateway of the ancient capital Hoa Lu (Hoa Lu from the town).
Trang An Festival is an important Buddhist ritual of Ninh Binh (Photo: Collection)
In addition to Than Quy Minh, Hoa Lu four towns are also held by the gods in the three directions of East, West and North, respectively: Thien Thien Ton, Than Cao Son and Than Giant. Trang An Festival
is considered as an important trait of Ninh Binh
capital city – the land of births of kings, saints, and gods.
Special features of Trang An festival
Every year on March 18 of the lunar calendar, Trang An festival is held again on a grand scale in the Vu Lam Cung Hanh tour of Trang An Ninh Binh tourist complex, passing Tran Temple and Suoi Tien Temple. . Coming to the festival, visitors will be immersed in a special spiritual space with many interesting activities:
- Admire the traditional spiritual rituals
Spiritual rite at Tran temple, Trang An festival (Image: Collection)
Incense-offering ceremony at Trang An festival (Image: Collection)
Water pot is about to be offered to Tran temple at Trang An festival (Image: Collection)
For Trang An Ninh Binh
festival, the procession of holy procession begins with incense, procession and incense from Tran temple to Suoi Tien temple, then water and incense procession at Suoi Tien temple.
- “Feasting on” with the procession of the boat and dragon dance on the river
Dragon dance is a special feature of Trang An and Ninh Binh festivals (Image: Collection)
The dragon dance on the Sao Khe River is extremely beautiful (Image: Collection)
In addition to traditional rituals, Trang An festival also makes visitors “voyeuristic” with the majestic procession of boats, as well as dragon dances on the rich river that few places have.
- Enjoy special ethnic music programs
Mandarin river show of Trang An festival (Image: Collection)
Come to Trang An Ninh Binh festival , you will be immersed in folk music culture such as gong dance, cheo singing, xam singing. This is a great festival that receives special attention from the State, bringing together many artists and performances imbued with national identity.
- Visit the unique beauty of Trang An and Ninh Binh
Trang An Festival goes through the beautiful and poetic Vu Lam Cung Hanh tourist route (Image: Collection)
Trang An Festival is organized along the Vu Lam Cung Cung tourist route, in the southern area of Trang An scenic complex. It converges all the typical scenes of Trang An, especially charming mountains and rivers. Besides, Hanh Vu Vu Lam also owns a lot of historical monuments and temple systems from the Tran dynasty, creating a special natural – spiritual space.
Schedule for Trang An Festival
The schedule for the annual Trang An festival is as follows:
– Before 9am: Thousands of boats will gather to Tam Quan wharf to prepare, with rituals of water procession, sacrifice and release on the river, wishing for a peaceful life, favorable rain and wind.
– Right at 9 am: The traditional festival of His Holiness Quy Minh Dai Vuong ( Trang An festival ) begins. After the drum festival opened on the shore and the drum beat on the boat, the procession of more than 100 people carried the palanquin and carried the sacrifice to the Holy Father Quy Minh Dai Vuong and thousands of tourists in about 1,000 boats began to move.
Drumming at the festival of Trang An and Ninh Binh (Image: Collection)
– The procession comes from Dang Moong ferry, passing 11 caves on Sao Khe stream. After an hour of parade, the delegation will split into two, half continue to pick up the river, the other half will get ashore and cross 3 mountains (3km) to Noi Lam temple.
– The procession on the river will stop at Tran boat wharf and continue climbing to the sacred Tran Trang An temple area. The temple is famous for its four stone pillars carved from four elements (long, glass, quy, phoenix) from the Tran dynasty.
– On the evening of the same day, the idol worshiping ceremony is held at Suoi Tien temple, which is an important Buddhist spiritual activity of Trang An Ninh Binh festival .
God worshiping ceremony in Trang An festival, Ninh Binh (Photo: Collection)
According to Calendar, this year’s Trang An festival, held on April 14, promises to be a great destination for those who want to learn about the culture and beliefs of the nation.
For peace of mind visiting Trang An festival, you can refer to the list of good-price hotels in Ninh Binh , in case price increases are increasing these days.
Wish you have a pleasant trip!