Thung Nham Ecotourism Area stands out as one of Ninh Binh’s renowned destinations, drawing countless wanderlusts for its rugged charm, intriguing caves, winding rivers, and habitat to numerous rare bird species. Let Vietnampeace.com be your guide on this journey to Thung Nham Ecotourism Area!
Location: Hai Nham hamlet, Ninh Hai commune, Hoa Lu district, Ninh Binh province, Vietnam.
In recent years, ecotourism has been a top trend for travel enthusiasts, attracting many young adventurers. Particularly on weekends, instead of opting for bustling urban spots, many choose ecotourism destinations.
When talking about Ninh Binh, many immediately think of its breathtaking landscapes intertwined with culture, history, and renowned ecotourism sites like Cuc Phuong, Tam Coc-Bich Dong, and Van Long Marsh. Among these, Thung Nham Ecotourism Area ranks as one of the top 16 must-visit coordinates in Ninh Binh.
Nestled within the Trang An landscape complex and near Tam Coc-Bich Dong, the Thung Nham Ecotourism Area spans a vast area of 334.2 hectares, offering a plethora of activities, including fishing, mountain climbing, mangrove forest exploration, cave visits, and bird watching.
When planning a visit to Thung Nham Ecotourism Area, it’s crucial to note the opening hours for scheduling convenience:
– Summer hours: 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM.
– Winter hours: 7:30 AM – 5:30 PM.
Situated approximately 100km from Hanoi, it takes around 2 hours to reach Thung Nham Ecotourism Area. Travelers can choose various transportation options from the capital:
– Bus: From Hanoi, head to Bat Giap or My Dinh bus stations to purchase tickets priced around 70,000 – 100,000 VND/passenger. Upon arrival in Ninh Binh, taxis or motorbike taxis can take you to your destination.
– Motorbike: A favorite choice among adventure seekers, travelers can follow National Highway 1A from Hanoi. Upon reaching Ninh Binh City, ride about 4km more to Vom Bridge, then continue for another 8km to Tam Coc – Thung Nang – Bich Dong. Near a temple, you’ll find a junction; follow the signs and arrive at Thung Nham Ecotourism Area.
A must-visit spot at Thung Nham Ecotourism Area is Fairy Cave. This natural cave system stretches 500m, featuring stalactites resembling a sitting deity beside a river. Visitors should bring flashlights for exploring as the cave lacks proper lighting.
About 200m to the right of the ecotourism area’s entrance lies the path to Sky Gate Cave. Perched high on a mountain cliff, reaching this cave requires 400 stone steps. Shimmering stalactites create an otherworldly atmosphere, making comparisons to “earth, hell, and heaven.”
Now, let’s explore the highlight of Thung Nham Ecotourism Area, the bird sanctuary. Home to over 5,000 nests belonging to 46 bird species, including herons, storks, egrets, kingfishers, and even rare birds like cranes and phoenixes listed in the Red Book. Here, you can witness flocks of birds soaring overhead, gracefully circling above the towering limestone mountains reflected in the clear waters below.
To enter Thung Nham Ecotourism Area, visitors need to purchase admission tickets. Ticket prices are as follows (including bird garden and Fairy Cave boat tickets):
– Adults: 150,000 VND/person.
– Children from 1m – 1m3 tall: 100,000 VND/person.
– Children under 1m tall: free admission.
– Elderly visitors (aged 80 and above) and persons with disabilities: free admission.
– Visitors interested only in visiting the Thung Nham bird garden after 5 PM: 50,000 VND/person.
Note that small boats can carry a maximum of 5 passengers per boat, while larger boats can accommodate up to 12 passengers.
In addition to its remarkable attractions, Thung Nham Ecotourism Area is an ideal playground for groups of friends and families. Here, visitors can leisurely drift on small boats along the river, marveling at the majestic nature and the caves and vegetation lining the banks. Or perhaps you might opt for the relaxing fishing activity, rejuvenating after days of hectic deadlines.
What’s even more exciting is the possibility of organizing outdoor team-building activities. You can camp, have a BBQ party, or have heart-to-heart conversations with loved ones. Amidst the fresh, airy atmosphere, we will create unforgettable memories together.
For travelers planning a smooth journey to Thung Nham Ecotourism Area, it’s essential to prepare and bring along necessary items:
– Bring water or some light snacks to recharge when needed.
– To combat the intense heat in Ninh Binh, bring a wide-brimmed hat and an umbrella, and apply sunscreen diligently.
– Visitors should also pack essential medications for the Thung Nham bird garden, such as cold medicine, digestive aids, and insect repellent.
– A Thung Nham Ecotourism Area map is always handy for your exploration.
– Wear neat, comfortable clothing and sturdy shoes or sandals for convenient wandering.
Thung Nham Ecotourism Area will be a fantastic check-in spot in Ninh Binh for families and friends this summer. Wishing you a wonderful experience here.
For more detailed insights, insider tips, and personalized guidance on planning your unforgettable journey to Thung Nham Ecotourism Area and other remarkable destinations across Vietnam, don’t forget to visit Vietnampeace.com. Their wealth of information, coupled with expert recommendations, ensures that every traveler’s experience is memorable and truly extraordinary. So, dive into their treasure trove of travel wisdom and let Vietnampeace.com pave the way for your next adventure in Vietnam!