Nearly 100km from Hanoi, Hoa Lu Ninh Binh is not only known as an ancient capital with many valuable historical sites but also a destination with many attractive landscapes waiting for you to explore. Let’s explore the ancient capital city of Hoa Lu fully and in detail with VietNampeace through the article below!
1. Introduction of Hoa Lu ancient capital
Hoa Lu ancient capital is a unique architectural complex in Ninh Binh province, which has been recognized by UNESCO as one of the four core areas of Trang An World Heritage site. It is also classified by the state as an extremely important national architectural and historical complex, which needs to be very conserved.
With a history of more than 1,000 years, this place has experienced many ups and downs of the nation, a place to preserve historical relics through the ages as well as become a historical proof for our country. self thousand lives. However, despite many ups and downs of time, Hoa Lu still retains its historical traces. Those are strong walls, two temples to Dinh Tien Hoang and King Le Dai Hanh solemnly built to imitate the ancient capital of Hoa Lu.
2. When to travel to Hoa Lu Ninh Binh?
You can come to Hoa Lu at any time of the year. However, spring is the most beautiful time as well as many festivals are held, so this is the right time for you to participate and experience the bustling atmosphere of these festivals. And if you like quiet, want to enjoy the peaceful atmosphere of this place, you can choose to go on the remaining days.
3. Transportation to Hoa Lu
From Hanoi to Ninh Binh you can choose one of the following ways to move:
- Train: Train tickets from Hanoi to Ninh Binh range from 90,000 – more than 200,000 VND depending on the train and seat type. Note when buying train tickets you should not choose trips too late that may affect your schedule.
- Passenger cars: You can catch a car from Giap Bat or My Dinh bus station to Ninh Binh with prices ranging from 50,000 VND – 60,000 VND / person. The average time is about 1h30 minutes. Remember to tell the assistant beforehand they will show you.
- Motorbike: If you like the feeling of traveling by motorbike, you can leave at Phap Van – Cau Gie highway then continue to go towards Cau Gie – Phu Ly – Ninh Binh with the travel time from 1h – 1h30 ′.
4. Architecture of Hoa Lu Ancient Capital Complex
From the past, Hoa Lu has been a magnificent and magnificent imperial capital. The mountains and hills overlapped around the imperial capital’s ring like a solid wall. The Hoang Long River meanders and the immense Nho Quan and Gia Vien fields are extremely convenient natural moats.
The whole Hoa Lu ancient capital historical and cultural relic, including special protection zone, buffer zone and relics like Thien Ton cave, Bai Dinh pagoda, are located in the limestone system in the area. Ninh Binh province, under Truong Yen commune, Hoa Lu district, bordering Gia Vien and Hoa Lu districts. This place is south of Hanoi capital about 100km.
Hoa Lu ancient capital is an architectural complex, and each architecture has its own characteristics, all making the ancient and majestic beauty of ancient historical sites. Historical vestiges still remain in the diverse and rich complex of monuments, including the walls, citadel, caves, temples, tombs and many other valuable architectural works. High history and culture.
5. Discovering vestiges of King Dinh temple and King Le temple
Most especially, there are still two monuments here: King Dinh Temple and King Le Temple. These are two monuments built around the 17th century with extremely impressive and unique wood carvings. The road to King Dinh temple leads visitors under the canopy of poinciana trees along the way.
People call Hoa Lu the stone citadel and temple of King Dinh and King Le also used many materials from stone. For example, when entering the temple yard, visitors will see long floors of boulders and two thousand flanking birds also carved out of solid green stone. Entering the harem, visitors will see a statue of King Dinh cast in bronze on a blue rock.
King Le temple, located 50 meters from Dinh temple, shares the same structure. 200 meters from King Le temple, is Nhat Tru pagoda, built from the reign of King Le Dai Hanh, in front of the pagoda is a stone pillar, 4.16 m high with an eight-sided shape. . Adjacent to is the relic area associated with the story of the third princess of King Dinh Tien Hoang who jumped into the well to commit suicide rather than follow the traitor husband against his father. This temple is dedicated to that princess.
6. Traditional festival in Hoa Lu Ancient Capital
March 8 – March 10 every year is the time for the traditional festival of Hoa Lu ancient capital to honor the kings and national heroes who built and developed the capital Hoa Lu, establishing a home. Dai Co Viet country in the 10th century. The festival of Hoa Lu ancient capital consists of 2 parts: the ceremony and the festival. Besides the ceremony, the festival with the bold traditional games such as boat racing, wrestling, cheo singing … takes place in extremely jubilant and bustling atmosphere.
7. What to eat when coming to Hoa Lu?
In addition to the unique historical sites and landscapes, delicious restaurants and restaurants with idyllic culinary styles of the Northern region are among the attractions for Hoa Lu Ninh Binh. . Let’s take a look at the dishes that you must try when coming here:
- Steamed rice: A very famous specialty of Ninh Binh. Rice is uniform, crunchy, bright yellow color, served with a special sauce that makes visitors eat forever without feeling bored.
- Mountain goat meat: Goat mountain in Ninh Binh is processed to make many attractive dishes such as lemon goats, steamed goats, spring rolls, goat’s blood, plum plastic … not only delicious but also extremely nutritious and good for health. .
- Mountain Snail: The tough, crispy, sweet snail meat is prepared in a variety of ways: steaming ginger, stir-fried lemongrass with chili, mixed salad …
- There are also many other delicious dishes that you can try such as: Nem Yen Mac, eel vermicelli, Kim Son wine, Gia Vien shrimp sauce …
8. Some notes when visiting
- Hoa Lu Ninh Binh is a spiritual tourist destination, so when you come here you need to dress politely and discreetly. Visiting the temples of Dinh and Le kings, you need to be gentle and orderly to maintain the dignity as well as burn incense to pay homage to the kings who have contributed to the country.
- Need to follow the instructions of the monument management or guides if traveling in groups.
- Must throw waste in the prescribed place, do not litter indiscriminately.
- If you go by yourself, you should preview the map to be more convenient for your discovery journey.
- You can talk directly with the tools in the temple ruins management to learn more about the history, cultural values, architecture … of the monument.
If you want to see with your own eyes, admire the extremely valuable historical buildings and architectural values, please come to Hoa Lu Ninh Binh ancient capital – a building with great historical significance. that his father’s generation has worked to preserve and preserve up to now. Let’s come here to visit the ancient capital, relive with the majestic moments of national history.